Robert Damelio is a consultant and bestselling author. Formerly President of THE BOTTOM LINE GROUP, he now is the founder of Paladin Continuous Improvement, LLC.
Mr. Damelio continuously seeks to distill, synthesize, and codify what he has learned from his 30 + years working with clients into actionable insight that others may apply and build upon. A portion of this work appears as 7 principles and 29 guidelines to improve flow in knowledge work in his most recent bestseller, “The Basics of Process Mapping, 2nd edition.” See below.
Robert shares and helps others apply what he has learned by:
- Coaching business leaders, improvement practitioners, and natural work groups.
- Creating learn-by-doing activities and structuring developmental opportunities that reduce “time to competence” for individuals, and “time to results,” for organizations.
- Writing books
- Nothing worthwhile is easy.
- Change is a constant.
- There are always alternatives.
- Talk is cheap, I am not.
- It turns out that very often you do get what you pay for.
- Making it through the day, and making a difference, are both choices. I choose the latter.
- Good intentions are useful and desirable, but sustainable results have a longer shelf-life.
- Whenever you can, learn from the best; whatever you do, learn.
- Every organization and person has untapped potential–and some realize it.
- One person can make a difference.
- Defy mediocrity.
- Expect more, achieve more.
- Principles, endure.
- Values, matter.
- Practices, evolve.
- Do the right thing.
- Think different.